GetFLV has a powerful FLV audio ripper included. It can perfectly extract FLV audio to MP3 or other audio formats. Now you can convert an FLV video to an MP3 file and enjoy it on your iPod.
Step 1: Launch the FLV audio ripper
Step 2: Add FLV files
Click on the
Add File(s) button. You are given a standard file-open dialog. Add the file you want to convert. You may choose multiple files in this dialog.
Step 3: Specify the output directory
You can choose to place the converted files within the original folder or another folder of your choice.
All converted video files will be saved to the original folder if you check the
Save to original folder check box.
You can check the
Specify Folder check box and select a directory as the output location on your computer. All converted video files will be saved in this directory.
Step 4: Select output type
There are some preset profiles for you to choose from. These profiles are very useful since they are the most commonly used ones. Click the drop-down menu and select a profile you think suits your requirements.
Step 5: Detailed audio settings
- Audio codec: Select an audio codec for the output file.
- Bit Rate: Select a proper bit rate for your audio data if other options are available.
- Sample Rate: Select a proper sample rate for your audio data if other options are available.
- Channels: Select an audio channel for your audio data. Two types are generally available: mono and standard stereo. In the profile for 3GP with the AMR audio codec, only "mono" is available. When you select MPEG as the export type and select a DVD option in the sub-type, "ac3 channel" is the only option.
Step 6: Extract audio
Click on the
Convert button on the tool bar to start converting.
Note: You can quickly convert downloaded FLV files from the context menu of FLV Downloader.
- Step 1: Select FLV files from the FLV Downloader.
- Step 2: Select the Extract Audio from FLV` item from the context menu to convert selected FLV files.